Church Services during Covid19
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
Bishop Gary Gordon has given permission to all parishes in the Diocese of Victoria to gradually re-open churches while following the restrictions and conditions as set out by BC Public Health and Worksafe BC.
Bishop's Letter: Pastoral-ltr-Pentecost-Reopening-our-Churches.pdf
General Directives: General-Directives-for-the-Reopening-of-Churches---Final.pdf
In our Parish - St. Elizabeth's church will celebrate the Eucharist. Unfortunately we are not able to gather at Our Lady of the Assumption. And there are no weekday Masses at this time. Here are the following Sunday Mass times at St. Elizabeth's:
- Friday 10am Mass (Your Sunday Mass)
- Saturday 3pm Mass
- Saturday 5 pm Mass
- Sunday 8:30 am Mass
- Sunday 10:30 am Mass
You Must Sign UP in advance of coming to Mass. Please contact the office to reserve your spot at 250-656-7433 or email email@example.com
- A database record of the contact information is required and a detailed list of those who attend each Mass must be retained. In the case of an individual who tests positive for Covid-19, the parish will be able to assist public health officials with tracing by contacting everyone who may have been exposed. On entering, your presence with name and contact info will be noted. According to your group, please take a seat in the preset grouping of chairs.
- People who are vulnerable with underlying health issues should continue to stay home!
- The obligation to attend Sunday Mass does not apply during the pandemic which is continuing.
- Masses and other liturgies are limited to a maximum of 50 persons; not everyone can come!
- Social distancing of 6 feet in the church & parking lot at all times
- All those attending Mass do so at their own risk and must take responsibility for protecting themselves and others. Individuals are encouraged to wear a mask.
- Washrooms will be closed except for emergencies
- People are not to gather in the vestibule or near the doors of the church before or after Mass.”
- Use a walker or a walking stick; there will be no chair in front of you to hold onto
- There will be no singing by the congregation
- Only the celebrant will distribute communion from behind a plexiglass divider through an opening
- Collection baskets will be located at the back of the church; they will not be passed during Mass.
- Leaving the church will be by row; please, wait till it is your turn. Please, do not linger in the foyer when leaving
- All this is for your protection as well as for the protection of others
CELEBRATE MASS ONLINE AT ST. ANDREW'S CATHEDRAL
As we continue to journey and pray together during these challenging times, please join Bishop Gary Gordon and other celebrants for Mass through live stream from the Cathedral. To access the live stream link from the Diocese of Victoria website, simply click on the following link at Diocese of Victoria's Live Stream.
Sundays at 10 am: Monday to Friday at 7 PM
Welcome to the Saanich Peninsula Parish Website
Our Mass Schedule for the upcoming 7 days is available on every page of our website (top right corner)
All events (both parish & non-parish events) scheduled at the parish are displayed on our Upcoming Events "View Calendar" (the "Week" view is recommended).